Quilting a Euro Sham

I was looking for a quick weekend sewing & quilting project and decided to try and make a pillowcase. I took several scraps of fabric from my first quilt and cut them up into 3″ squares. I had 1/4 yard cuts of white fabric and I also cut these into squares. After some arranging, I came up with a checkerboard pattern. Hubby had to interject and said they should be in some sort of orderly fashion. So, after we had arranged the squares into various configurations for an hour, we came up with the last pattern. Now I just need to figure out how to make the actual pillowcase. Oh, and I have to quilt the piece blocks… So much for a “weekend project!”

photo (10)
My kitchen counter works perfectly as a cutting area!
photo 1 (2)
All of the cut blocks.
photo 2 (2)
Of course kitty had to “help!”
photo 3 (2)
An early “haphazard” arrangement.
photo 1 (3)
Final arrangement.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *